Bungee jumpers derive excitement by hurling
their bodies from some high place toward the ground, trusting
in the elasticity of a long cord to retard their descent and eventually
stop ever so close to the ground.
Purpose of this activity is to drop an object consisting of several large washers from a given point to approach but not exceed the lowest point available to it.
1. Fashion an "object" using no more than 5 large washers.
2. Loop several rubber bands together as a bungee cord.
3. Determine the spring constant for your bungee cord,
4. Once you've done this to see the instructor who will gove you additional washers to drop as well as a distance from which to drop them.
5. Your task is to cause the washers to drop the prescribed distance without exceeding it.
Last edited 01/01/06