MOUSE TRAP CAR RULES
- The vehicle may derive its driving energy exclusively
from the mouse trap.
- Rubber bands, springs or other similar devices that would
augment the total energy are strictly prohibited.
- You may not remove the mousetrap spring to wind it beyond
the factory setting.
- The vehicle must start on its own when set down on the
floor; it cannot leave from a ramp or push off any vertical surface.
- The only alteration the mousetrap may have is to remove
the hasp that triggers the "real" mousetrap. The hasp
gets in the way.
- It must be evident to any observer that the vehicle is
powered by a Victor mouse trap.
- All distances will be measured in feet. The floor tiles
are 12 inches long. Your distance will be determined by how many
rows of tiles your vehicle passes.
- Your vehicle must travel a distance of 10 ft. to qualify
for a grade.
- The school record for this event is currently 127 feet
(as of 12/08/00)
- Your score will be determined by this rubric For a successful
run: 60 pts + 40 pts (your distance/best distance)
- You may have as many trials as you want. Only your best
- Last edited 01/01/06